- Make a batch of sourdough sandwich bread dough.
- Instead of putting the dough into a breadpan, divide into eight equal sized balls and flatten slightly.
- Take a knife and slice an "X" on each bun.
- Allow to rise in the oven (turned OFF) until doubled in size (about 35-40 minutes)
- it helps to have the dough close together so the buns will bump into each other and rise up instead of flatten out.
These hamburger buns are delicious, and they freeze really well so you can make them any day you have some free time. Just thaw them in the fridge the day before you plan to use them (or stick them in the oven to thaw right away if you forget!)
Super easy, cheap, and way healthier than the buns at the store. Have you ever tried to buy hamburger buns without high fructose corn syrup? I couldn't find any at Winn-Dixie the last time I looked.
Enjoy your healthy buns! :)
Have you tried making a sourdough starter yet?