Search This Blog

Monday, July 23, 2012

Colloidal Silver

I'm still alive, in case you were wondering! I can't beleive it's been two long weeks since I posted here on Raising Isabella.

They really were looong weeks, by the way. It started when Korban and I both go nasty colds. Korban really made us nervous a few times, coughing so hard and struggling so much that I seriously considered taking him to the hospital twice. I did talk to our neighbor, who's a nurse and call our pediatrician once. Did I mention I did my first road trip with Korban that week, too? Izzy ended up catching our cold, but she fought it off within a couple of days. Korban was better within a week, too.

I, on the other hand, developed a brutal sinus infection the next week. I didn't want to go to the doctor and get prescribed antibiotics, especially since I'm nursing, but after a few days, I knew I had to do something. My whole face hurt and I had aches and pains like I had the flu.


I'm very fortunate to live in a town that has a natural health practitioner, so I went to see him first. He prescribed a colloidal silver nasal spray. I had heard of colloidal silver before, but I honestly had written it off as one of those hokey things people use that don't really work. I was pretty desperate this time, though, so I gave it a try. It worked great! I started feeling better within about two days. I'm mostly better now, I still have some sinus pressure, but it's easing up day by day. I definitely, definitely recommend having colloidal silver on hand as an alternative to antibiotics.


I'm sure you're wondering what it is. Mr. Lagarde, who prescribed it to me, said it was what they used back before antibiotics were invented. It helps your body fight off bacterial, viral, and fungal infections.  Surgical tools are made of silver because it is antimicrobial on contact. It works the same way in the body, so it is good for a long list of things, including pink eye, nail fungus, food poisoning, urinary tract infection, and colds just to name a few.

I still think it's best to let your body fight off infection on its own, when possible. However, when that's not working out and you're about to turn to prescription antibiotics, give colloidal silver a try first. We'll definitely be keeping a bottle of it in our cabinet from now on.

If you don't have a place nearby to buy colloidal silver, you can order it from Vitacost.com. This is the brand I used.

No comments:

Post a Comment