Search This Blog

Monday, July 2, 2012

Making sun tea

This post is a break from all the heavy stuff I've been writing about lately. Everyone needs a break once in a while, right?

Besides, I'm still planning on writing about our little natural family and the choices we make to keep ourselves healthier and respect our planet. I'm just adding a new perspective and focus to that. (More on how this all ties together in my next post.)

Today, I'm going to show you a picture of my sun tea.


Doesn't that just look like happiness brewing?

I vaguely remember my mom making this when I was a kid. I never liked tea until a few years ago, so I didn't try it. Since I discovered hot tea and herbal tea, I love it as a healthy alternative to a lot of other drinks.

Here's a weird fact: I grew up in the South, but the only way I like sweet tea is with milk in it! I learned about that one while I was in China. They had something called Pearl Milk Tea which has little tapioca pearls in it. Sounds terrible, but it's addicting.

So, all you do is take a jar, fill it with water, and put the right amount of tea bags in it. For me, that's 4 regular tea bags or one family sized one for a quart jar. You can use any type of tea you like.

Now, set it out in the sun and wait until it's all dark and tasty looking (a couple of hours). If you're not sure, taste it and see if it's ready.

There you go! Stick it in the fridge or drink it warm. Add milk, if you're like me!




1 comment: