Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Update!

Well, Evie's almost 9 weeks old now. For some silly reason, I thought I'd have my bearings by now. :) To be honest, I spend each day just hanging on and trying to keep everyone alive. Not that I don't enjoy it. Having three littles age 3 and under definitely keeps me on my toes and helps me prioritize my life - my world has gotten significantly smaller these past 2 months, and I find it quite refreshing. Most days, anyway.
Lately, however, I have had that itch. Being a mom of little ones is so rewarding, and now more than ever I feel like my kids and my husband are my best friends. Ironically, it can also get pretty lonely. I've got people hanging off of me literally every waking minute of my day, but I hunger for adult conversation, specifically with other women. My husband is great, but he will never totally get what it's like to be mom or a woman. (which is a good thing!) This blog provides that for me in a season where it's hard to get out of the house between naps and meals and diapers and snacks.
I also miss writing. I've been all over the map as far as my plans for this blog go. I've tried to build a business and raise money for our adoption. I've tried giving it up completely. Neither worked. I really enjoy writing and I love it when sharing my heart on here helps start conversations with friends, as well as people I barely know. In this season of life, I can barely manage to check my email regularly, much less build a business - especially one like blogging that requires hours and hours of work with very little financial return.
The name of our new baby girl is Evangeline, which means "bringer of good news". I really believe that a name can carry a meaning for a person. Her very arrival was good news for our family in so many ways. The "good news" she brings right now is a reminder to be in each moment and not try to have control of my life. She was a wonderful surprise to us, and I've learned, thanks to Evie (and Izzy and Korban - my other two kids), is that it's not a good idea to make too many plans or commitments. We just go with the flow and take each opportunity as it comes (or doesn't). Take this weekend for example. What was supposed to be a weekend full of fun festivities has turned into a week at home with sick kiddoes. Can you say "stir crazy"? I feel like I'm rambling, but I'm honestly proud to be making (mostly) complete sentences.
So, to try and tie all of this together -
1.) I'm still alive and I plan to keep writing.
2.) Life is crazy and I wouldn't have it any other way
3.) I have no plans or goals for this blog, other than to share my thoughts and life as I have the chance (I have lots of thoughts I need to write out, because it's all just swimming around in my head not making any sense. I've always needed to write things down to figure them out.)
Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some noses to wipe. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment