Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Little life updates

 I told Dennis today that we need to move farther from my family. My son told my mom that he wanted to go to her house, so she came and got him. Now I have to spend two nights away from my precious baby! He's loving it, though. To be honest, I need them closer. I am really enjoying the help.

Also, Korban's super hero name is "Danger Zod", who carries around a drumstick or regular old tree stick. His super power is "eating the bad guys". We are very safe at our house. He doesn't eat much of anything else, so I hope "the bad guys" make up a healthy diet.

Izzy started preschool today, at her new preshool. We chose a school that uses the Montessori method, because it most closely resembles what she would ideally be getting at home. She has been asking since we moved here to start school. She is very social. Now that she's started school, though, she just wants to be at home with us. She's very sensitive, so I think that makes being around a lot of other kids exhausting for her. I know it was for me as a kid. I've promised to make myself send her for two weeks before backing out. We'll see how she feels once she's had a chance to make some friends. I do think it will be good for her to go to preschool, especially this one in particular, but I would also like to have her home with me again.

Not gonna lie, though. The math of parenting goes like this:

3 kids - 1 kid = 1,000x less noise and chaos

It's almost boring parenting just two kids. I had to vacuum the rugs just to find something to do. Note to self: boring is not a bad thing.

Also, I heard a beautiful sound in my home this evening - the sound of a washing machine running. For the last two months, we've had to make a trek about the length of a football field to get to the main building with its laundry facilities. Not super fun when doing the laundry for a family of five. Since the shelter is supposed to get residents this week, we decided to splurge and have our washer and dryer installed today. Now we won't be in the way of the residents with all of our laundry. This house is so old, there was no hookup and we had to have a gas line, water line, and whatever else you need for a washer and dryer installed so we could use ours. I was actually upset that we didn't have any laundry to do because I was so excited. Dennis decided to soak his work pants, just so we could run the washing machine.

As you can tell, I didn't do a lot of thinking today, it was a busy day. I did watch the Wizard of Oz with Izzy during rest time, and I hadn't seen it since I was a kid. I feel like there are a lot of spiritual implications in that movie. Also, it's just really fun to watch. I like old movie special effects. I think I appreciate them more knowing that they didn't have the option of using CGI to make anything that they want happen.

Isn't it weird to think about life without computers? It wasn't that long ago, I remember it, but it's still bizarre to think about that not being an option for anyone, anywhere...

No comments:

Post a Comment