Search This Blog

Friday, October 14, 2011

Out of the Darkness Walk (Guest Post)

This Friday, I have a guest post from Pamela Roza, my aunt. She has a blog of her own SAHM spot, where she likes to write occasionally about the ins and outs of being a stay at home mom, as well as some tips she's found along the way.


This topic is, of course, very close to my heart and I would love to host or take part in an out of the darkness walk in my area. Let me know if you're interested!



Dear Friends:
Last September we lost my nephew, Sarah's brother, Daniel Knox to suicide. He was 19 years old. Our family lost a brother, son, grandson, nephew, cousin and friend to suicide. He would have been a wonderful uncle to Izzy as well. He loved kids. My sons, who are only 4 and 2 years old, still talk about their “Uncle Daniel.”
We are all forever changed by this tragic event. My hope is that through education and awareness, those suffering with a mental illness will be prompted to seek help.
In his honor and memory my friend Patience Glasko and I will be walking in AFSP's Miami-Dade County Out of the Darkness Community Walk to benefit the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, joining with thousands of people participating in Out of Darkness walks nationwide. I would appreciate any support that you give me for this worthwhile cause. Here is the link to my donor page:http://afsp.donordrive.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&eventID=1556&participantID=231801 . You may either donate online, or you may send a check (made payable to AFSP) to: AFSP, 120 Wall Street, 22nd Floor, New York, NY 10005. Please write my name in the memo line of all checks. All donations are 100% tax deductible.
Funds from this event will support education and research programs for those who suffer from mental disorders and for who have lost a loved one to suicide. This year, our goal is $6 million. Please visit www.outofthedarkness.org for more information, including a brochure that lists exactly how the funds are used http://afsp.donordrive.com/assets/AFSP/files/Walk%20Funds%20Flyer.pdf.
Thank you so much for your support!
With much love,
Pamela Roza Hayes

Don't forget that Monday starts "Meal Plan Mondays!" Please come share your meal plan, tips for meal planning, or fun recipes you plan to try next week! If you have a blog, share a link!

No comments:

Post a Comment