Search This Blog

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Meal Plan Monday - November 14 - 20

Welcome to another meal plan monday! This week, I plan to be back to my cookin' self, just in time for some holiday baking!

Here's what my family will be eating this week -

Monday - Tacos (double the meat for next week)(I like to mix the meat with cooked brown rice to make it stretch)
Tuesday - Provencal vegetable stew (p90)
Wednesday - Fellowship dinner at church
Thursday - Fillets of perch francese with lemon basil pasta (p98)
Friday - Tuscan Calzones with "The Works" (Double for freezer) (p118)
Saturday - Sunday school pot luck dinner (I'm making sweet potato casserole)
Sunday - Crab and corn chowda-mac (p130)

I also plan to make 2 pecan pies to take up to North MS for Thanksgiving. Also, at some point I'm going to try to make some pepper jelly, but I'll probably need someone to look after Izzy while I'm all hot-peppery....

Also, in the non-food world, it's time for me to make up some more homemade deodorant and toothpaste. They were out of the cheaper brand of coconut oil at the grocery store this week, so I'll have to try that one again later.

Our freezer is looking a bit bare after eating mostly from it last week. I'll need to start stocking it back up soon. I hear that I should keep jugs of water in the empty space to save energy, which seems like a good idea to me.

How about you? Are you getting a head start on some holiday baking? Are you trying any new recipes this week?






No comments:

Post a Comment