Search This Blog

Monday, November 28, 2011

Meal Plan Monday November 28

Happy Monday after Thanksgiving, all! Are you recovered from all the pigging out you did last week? I hope so. I can't remember the last time I ate so much wonderful food in one week. My family did our thanksgiving on Tuesday night, but the ribs my Dad smoked on Thursday were as good as any turkey, in my opinion.

We've got a busy week ahead of us. I'll be in New Orleans for 2 days doing some training for work. This weekend, I'm doing a cloth diaper party on Friday and hosting a Premier Designs jewelry party on Saturday. I'm also making cookies to take to a Christmas tea on Saturday....hmm, my head is spinning a little.

All that's to say, we'll be eating simple, easy dishes this week.

Sunday - Roast chicken with mashed potatoes and stir fried cabbage
Monday - Mac n' cheese with chicken (from last night) and broccoli mixed in
Tuesday - Canadian bennys
Wednesday - Fellowship dinner at church
Thursday - Family night out
Friday - Veggie chicken soup in the crock pot (using broth made from Sunday's roast chicken), homemade bread
Saturday - Leftovers

Also, I got it in my head that I couldn't throw away the pumpkins we decorated for fall with, they were still in great condition. I spent my morning cleaning them out and they're happily baking away in the oven. I'll scrape out the meat and puree it to stick in the freezer for later. Those punkins will make a nutritious addition to some muffins, bread, panckes or scones someday.

What's your family eating this week? Are you trying to figure out what to do with all those leftovers?

No comments:

Post a Comment