Search This Blog

Friday, December 23, 2011

Have a very merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

I've been absent for a few weeks, I know.  We had some really busy times, and then I got terribly, awfully, sick and didn't feel like doing anything at all. Fortunately, my wonderful husband is on break from school, and he's been helping me stay caught up around the house and even getting up with Izzy some mornings so Momma can sleep in! I think I'm beginning to get better, and with a few nights of good sleep, I should be back to my normal self.

For the next week or two, I plan to take some time to rest, heal, and enjoy my family. I hope that you have a chance to do the same thing!

In these past busy, sickly weeks, I've learned so many lessons that I just can't wait to share with you readers come January. I've also got some plans for the new year that I hope you'll like.

I really hope to start doing some giveaways and writing some product reviews to share. Also, I would love to invite some guest posters to come along and share from their wealth of knowledge.

Here are 2 things that I will definitely be starting up with 2012:

1) "Meal Plan Mondays" will become "Make-ahead Mondays". Since I've got a new little one coming in May, I want to spend the next few months filling my freezer up with delicious, nutritious, and most of all easy meals for those first, hectic weeks after we bring out little guy home. I'll spend each monday sharing what I made for the freezer that week, and inviting you guys to share recipes to help me build my stash. It's always good, pregnant or not, to have a good stash of quick, easy, healthy meals on hand.  (Just one thing I learned over the past week of being too sick to cook.)

And...

2) Each month, I'll be inviting you to join me in my "New Month's Resolution". I don't believe much in making New Year's Resolutions, mostly because it's just so darn overwhelming and I'm setting myself up for failure.
A month I can totally do. Usually, after a month of doing something, it's become a part of my routine, anyway, and it's not so hard to keep up. This year, I have goals like -

- switching to 100% soaked, whole grains at our house
- using reusable shopping bags at the grocery store
- switching to all natural sugars (heads up - This is my resolution for January)

So, I'll see you all in 2012! I'll be back on January 2nd, Lord willing!


2 comments:

  1. Wow!! it's scary sometimes how similar our thought processes are. i've been wanted to switch to all natural sugars and figure out this sprouting/soaking grains thing too.

    I've got a ton of good freezer meals b/c i just did the same thing for Jackson's arrival. i'll send you a couple recipies. i've got a whole wheat muffin recipie made with honey that is AMAZING for freezing for a quick breakfast when you only have 1 hand :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to get some of your recipes, and I'm planning on making muffins soon, so that muffin recipe would be great!

    I'm already testing some recipes and doing some research for a soaked whole grain emphasis next month!

    ReplyDelete