Search This Blog

Monday, December 5, 2011

Meal Plan Monday Dec 5

Wow, I really need to slow down on the party food! I've been to some fun celebrations the past few days, and I haven't showed much self control at the dessert table. It's difficult to turn down comfort food during the holiday season. I think it's the nostalgia aspect of it.

This week, we'll be eating more comfort food, in honor of the festive season and the chilly weather...which left about the time I finished my meal planning. I welcome the warmer weather, though!

Here's what my family is eating this week:

Monday - Grilled cheese sandwiches with tomato soup
Tuesday - Sloppy joe's
Wednesday - Spaghetti
Thursday - Date nite out
Friday - Sauteed chicken with rosemary, olive, and roasted pepper sauce over orange rice (184)
Saturday - Sweet soy soaked salmon fillets over noodle-y veggies (188)
Sunday - Morrocan seasoned chicken over rice, green beans

I'll be done cooking through my Rachel Ray cookbook by the end of next week! I think I'm going to start looking through my copy of Nourishing Traditions for some recipes to start trying. The two cookbooks are total opposites, but it'll be a nice change.

Are you planning meals for you family? There are so many benefits!

No comments:

Post a Comment