Search This Blog

Monday, January 23, 2012

Make-ahead Monday #4

Hi, readers, and welcome to another week and another week of recipes! I'm already reaping the benefits of a well stocked freezer, and I find that I'm spending less of my time rushing to have meals ready on a busy evening (or morning) because I have prepared ahead of time. I'm also cooking extra with leftovers in mind more often. This is definitely a great habit for me! We haven't eaten out for dinner in a couple of weeks!

I've decided to start cooking a few recipes from our link-up each week, which turned out to be a lot of fun. Today, I'm working on Three bean chili from Pain Free Pregnancy and pumpkin pie baked oatmeal from The Willing Cook.

I doubled the chili to take some to a friend who just had a baby. Also, I added meat, because we like meat. :) It was delicious!

I doubled the baked oatmeal to share, too. I combined this recipe with the one I usually use for baked oatmeal because we're not dairy and egg free at our house.
*I have to make a confession here, the baked oatmeal did not make it to the freezer. In fact, a large amount was eaten straight from the pan by a certain pregnant blogger who shall remain nameless. I did save enough to share, though. :)

Yummy!

What recipes do you have to share this week?

The link-up

Please share some posts from your blog of favorite meals and dishes that can be prepared ahead of time!  I'm stocking my freezer for the arrival of our new baby, and could use all the ideas I can get!

Posting etiquette: If you do link-up, please leave a comment in the comments sections and link back to this page from your original blog post.

If you do not have a blog post to share, please share your favorite recipes or links in the comments section!



This post was shared at Traditional Tuesdays, Fight Back Fridays and Simple Lives Thursdays.





1 comment:

  1. Thank you for providing this opportunity for us to post our recipes.

    ReplyDelete