Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

A great natural cleaning and cosmetics company

About six months ago, I was introduced to a company called Melaleuca. At first, I was skeptical because I make a lot of my own cleaners, as well as my own shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, and toothpaste. However, there are some things that are just too much trouble or too expensive to make at home, and a lot of things I just haven't found a great alternative for. As a general rule for me, if I can't make it cheaper at home in less than 10 minutes and it doesn't work as well as what I'm already using, I'm not going to to the trouble.

I tried out Melaleuca's hand lotion, and was pretty much in love with it from the start. It's not too greasy, really moisturizing, and has a clean, not too strong smell. As I read through the catalog, I found that Melaleuca is a great company to shop with for a few main reasons:

The prices are great
They do a cost comparison, and most of their cleaning products are the same price or cheaper, ounce per ounce than many leading brands, and often much cheaper than other natural/non-toxic options. Also, the products are super concentrated, so you're not paying for a bottle of mostly water. Many of their cleaners have a separate spray bottle that you fill with a small amount of their cleaner and the rest with water, so one bottle of cleaner lasts a long time.

The products are non-toxic
This is a big deal for me, having a toddler in the home. One of their big selling points is that their products don't come with child-resistant caps because they don't need them. They don't sell a single product containing chlorine bleach, ammonia, or formaldehyde, which is good because I've never felt comfortable cleaning my countertops or bathtubs with something covered in warning labels. The disinfectant is actually powered by the herb thyme! (And it smells great!)

Melaleuca strives to be as eco-friendly as possible
All of the packaging Melaleuca products come in is recyclable. Also, the ultra-concentrated products mean less plastic wasted on big bottles of mostly water. Also, less poison in their cleaners means less poison going into our environment. They like to say "Melaleuca was green back when green was still just a color."

The products work great!
I've been using Melaleuca for about 6 months now, and I have loved every product I've tried. Here are a few of my favorites:

The No-Work daily shower cleaner actually cleaned my shower after just a few weeks of spraying right after my shower.

Melamagic literally wipes grime off of all kinds of surfaces, including grimy baseboards, stovetops, mildewed outdoor furniture, walls, pretty much you name it. It instantly removed all the gunk in the corner of my shower and the soap scum off of my glass shower door. (Which wouldn't have been there if I had been consistently using the daiy shower cleaner...)

The bar soap smells great and lasts a lot longer than any other bar of soap I've used. It costs a little more per bar than what we used to use, but each bar lasts so much longer that I'm not spending any extra money.

The disinfectant smells great and I don't have to worry about using it on surfaces Izzy might touch or even eat off of.

The shampoos and conditioners also work great, and don't contains any sulfates, which many people try to avoid.

We also love the supplements, especially the probiotics and the immune booster because they seem to have helped my husband make it through the cold and flu season without getting sick, for the first time since I've met him!

How do I order?
I've been using these products for over half a year now, and I've been thinking about starting a business with it the whole time. I just wanted to find out if I really believed in Melaleuca's products enough to sell them. I can say, after trying a lot of their products, that I definitely do.

If you're interested in ordering some Melaleuca products, you can order directly from me and I'll deliver your products to you. I'm placing my next order on Wednesday, Feb. 1st. You can contact me via email, blog comment, cell phone, or Facebook to place an order, and you don't pay until you receive your products.

If you don't live nearby, I can help you sign up to start ordering for yourself. If you sign up for yourself, then you get to order at the special members discount. The only thing you may want to keep in mind is that, once you sign up, there is a minimum monthly order to be made, and you may want to go in with some friends to meet the minimum or consider going into business yourself. (Think of it like a co-op.)

Check out Melaleuca's website for yourself and let me know if you have any questions!





No comments:

Post a Comment