Search This Blog

Monday, October 15, 2012

An inspirational blog I found

This past week, I felt like I picked up a million toys and dug through thousands of both tiny and adult sized shirts, pants and skirts. I felt like I was just drowning in stuff. We are getting ready to move into a new home in a couple of months, and I started to wonder what it would be like to downsize a little. We'll still need 3 bedrooms, but it would be so nice to simplify. I kept thinking "I don't need a new organization system, I need less stuff!"

Do you ever have a seed of a thought in your mind, but you can't put words to it? Then, someone comes along and says exactly what you were feeling in a very eloquent way? Then, you can sit back and go "Yes, that's exactly how I feel, and now I know I'm not the only one!"

Well, this blog has done just that for me. I've always been a minimalist at heart, I realized. I also found out that it can be a very good thing.

Here's a link to the lovely blog, Loving Simple Living. I highly recommend that you check it out! Lorilee's family is a family of four that lives in a 1 bedroom apartment! I don't think we'll be scaling down that much, but it sure it impressive!

So, I am now on a mission in my life to simplify. Not just the stuff we have, but the way I shop, the schedule I keep, everything. It sounds so, well, simple, but it's a far cry from the fast paced, megathon to-do list, collectors mentality that seems to be more common in our culture.

I think, at the heart of it, I realize that I am a very relational being. I think all of us are, whether we realize it or not. The more of my schedule, money, mind and heart that I can pare down to the bare necessities, the more I will be able give away of my time, worldly goods, thoughts and love.

Doesn't that sound nice?

Do you have an inspirational blog you'd like to share with us? Besides the wonderful Raising Isabella. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment