Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

I'm still going to write about healthy living/my hope for Revolutionary Mom



It's been almost 2 months since I moved my blog over from "Raising Isabella" to "Revolutionarymom.com". I'm glad I made the switch. It's been fun and Wordpress is definitely easier to work with than the host I was using. It also has a lot more options available. It's also been frustrating because I'm having to learn a whole new system.
Thanks for sticking it out with me. I'm sure I don't have to tell you that I have no idea what I'm doing.
I just have this genuine..thing...in my gut telling me that I need to pursue this. Do I feel silly some days writing away while the kids are asleep and acting like I've got something to say? Yup. But I also get the wonderful reward of conversations with you guys about the things I've shared on here, and that's cool.
I find this blog a great way to share, in a non-invasive way, the things that are burning in my heart. No one really likes that person who tends to lecture all day about the things that only interest her. This way, I'm able to share these parts of myself in a way that you can choose to opt out of at any time. It turns out that a lot more of you are interested than I thought, which is awesome. These past couple of years of blogging have been such a learning experience for me - I've learned about business, webernets stuff (of which I am a very slow learner), social media, and having the guts to share personal junk and make myself vulnerable. Call me crazy, but I think it's something God has led me to do. Really, that's the only explanation for why I would have stuck with it for so long, because I'm kind of a quitter.
So, when I was over at Raising Isabella, I always felt a little off topic when I wrote about social justice issues, and the more I learned about these issues, the more I wanted to write about them. Now that I'm over here at RevolutionaryMom.com, I feel off topic writing about food, recipes, and healthy/eco friendly living. However, I still find these things to be an important part of my life, and in a lot of ways, they are a part of my personal revolution.
Therefore, you will still have to get to hear plenty about what new weird thing my family ate for dinner last night, or how I've quit washing my hair. You'll also get more photos of my kids and updates on what's going on in our family.
Here's another thing. I'm a human, and not just any human, but a female human. I hear that we females need words of affirmation even more than you average dude humans. If you like something I write, or it makes you think of something you want to add, please leave a comment, so I know that you're listening! If you haven't already, find me via Facebook, twitter, or Instagram and follow along so that we can share with each other! My web site motto is:
"A community designed to inspire moms everywhere to change their world."
Did you catch that word "community"? I want to hear from you guys, whether it's positive or negative or just off the wall, I don't want to be the only one talking here. And another thing, while I'm on the motto thing, I hope that you seasoned mothers (I know you're out there, because we talk in person about this blog!) will feel welcome to share your insight. I'm sure that some of the things I say sound so inexperienced and naive to your veteran ears. Don't be afraid to pipe up and help me think through some of these things! And I haven't forgotten you male readers, either. There's not a whole lot of you, but God made both genders and gave us different perspectives for a reason! I don't want to write just to teach, but to have the opportunity to learn from you guys, too.
So, in a wordy nutshell, here you have my heart for this blog and what I hope it to be.
What would you like to read about on this blog?
I talked about how healthy living was a part of my personal revolution. What kinds of things are involved in your personal revolution?

No comments:

Post a Comment