Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Our adoption status

I'm so sorry that this has taken so long. I have had a few people ask me what happened with the Ethiopian adoption situation. ( http://revolutionarymom.com/ethiopianadoption-shutdown/)
Well, the short answer is that the government chose to keep Ethiopia open for international adoptions.
The longish answer is that we are just...waiting. We will not be able to move forward with any type of adoption until the end of April, when Evie passes the 6 month mark. We are considering this bought time, as the waters of the adoption process are so...murky.
Adoption is a good thing.
Ethiopia is in the middle of an orphan crisis.
The corruption in the system is frightening.
All of the above statements are true. We feel certain (although wavering and afraid, as I've learned these feelings can absolutely coexist) that our family is not complete.
We are tired, overextended, and living with 3 children aged 3 and under. My body is tired from growing and sustaining these babes through nursing. At times, I wonder if we can handle the blessed burden of welcoming more children into our home. I know that I can't, but I know that my God is the God of the impossible.
Clear as mud, huh?
That's how we feel.
So, our incredibly vague un-answer to the question "How is the adoption coming" is:
(Frightened, deer in the headlights look) "Well, we're just...waiting... right now."
His grace is sufficient, and He guides our steps, sometimes one slow step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment