Search This Blog

Sunday, December 14, 2014

a 15 minute Christmas list

This is just for fun and, again,  I just like making lists. I'm not asking anyone for these things, it's more for personal reference. :)

For me:
Gift cards to grocery stores (to buy fancy food)
Gift cards to book stores (to buy brain food)
Any book by Anne Lammott
Pastrix by Nadia Bolz-Weber
Jesus, Feminist by Sarah Bessey
Home Depot or Lowe's gift card
Free Babysitting
Carry on, Warrior by Glennon Doyle Melton (Got it! Read it, it was great.)
Any food memoir ever
Anything Tina Fey ever writes in her life
The Zimzum of marriage by Rob and Kristen Bell (Skimmed it, wasn't impressed)
The Highly Sensitive Person: How to Thrive When the World Overwhelms you by Elaine N. Aron and  Tracy Behar
Books about myers-briggs personality profile (I'm an INFP!)
Subscriptions to Cook's Illustrated, Relevant Magazine, and Rachel Ray magazine
Menu Musing of a Modern American Mom by Julie May (she was a college professor of mine!)
The Well Educated Mind: A Guide to the Classical Education You Never Had by Susan Wise Bauer

For the kids:
every toy ever put out by Discovery Toys
Craft kits (The kind that has everything you need to make one craft - no more, no less. I'm easily overwhelmed, remember?)
Homeschool curriculum (I'll be working on a more detailed list of this as they get older)
Chick-fil-a gift cards
Movie gift cards for mommy/son/daughter dates

Again, find that I can only write if I tell myself that no-one will be reading it anyway. I'm not asking anyone for anything, just making a reference list for myself! (Why post on a blog if I don't want anyone reading? Good question. If I don't make it at least slightly public, I tend to write disorganized half-thoughts that don't make sense, and then either lose them or forget the other half of the thought.)

No comments:

Post a Comment